What makes a successful video? The answer to that question is different for everyone. However there are some things that all creators more or less agree on.
For example, as this week’s guest says, if your video is packed with information, engaging to watch and super-enjoyable, you’ve done your job (no pressure!). If you need some extra tips to help you reach these goals, this episode has them all.
Kelly Rush, TechSmith’s very own Technical Product Manager, joins this episode of The Visual Lounge.
Kelly explains what we set out to improve, the latest features and one key reason why you should download the 2023 Camtasia update.
Plus, he shares his early career memories and a ton of tips for listeners.
Learning points from the episode include:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:27 – Backstory on Kelly & Matt at TechSmith
- 2:06 – How Kelly first used video
- 3:38 – What makes a successful video?
- 5:27 – One tip for the audience
- 7:06 – What’s new on Camtasia?
- 9:12 – Camtasia’s home window
- 10:42 – Use of free and premium assets in Camtasia
- 14:07 – More highlights from the new Camtasia release
- 15:35 – Releasing dynamic backgrounds
- 17:24 – What is a Lottie file?
- 19:03 – Dynamic backgrounds (continued)
- 23:05 – Where/when to use dynamic backgrounds
- 25:52 – Other brand-new features
- 29:34 – Why should you download the update?
- 31:06 – Kelly’s Speed Round
- 37:21 – Kelly’s final take
- 37:47 – Outro
Important links and mentions: