Would your business benefit from creating learning simulation videos?
These step-by-step videos can help learners master their craft and reach their A-game.
But we know how it is…they seem too complicated or costly, or maybe they’re just low down your to-do list. However, this guest breaks it down perfectly so you can get started right away.
On this episode of The Visual Lounge, we are joined by Debbie Richards, Chief Technology Officer at Creative Interactive Ideas.
Debbie provides a masterclass in creating learning simulation videos, explains why storyboards are so crucial and reveals the top mistakes people make when getting started.
Learning points from the episode include:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:13 – Introducing Debbie
- 2:44 – How Debbie got started in video
- 4:34 – Defining success in video
- 5:51 – Top tip for image and video in L&D
- 8:52 – Let’s define learning simulations
- 12:35 – Can creating simulations be expensive?
- 14:31 – Where to start
- 16:24 – Debbie’s storyboard process
- 18:08 – Next steps after planning
- 24:30 – Last steps before it’s finished
- 26:38 – Deciding what components to use
- 32:35 – Extra tips and advice
- 33:38 – Debbie’s speed round
- 37:24 – Final take and outro
Important links and mentions: