Research & Learning from Videos
When done right, video learning can be so effective. But what does the research tell us we can improve?
In this episode of The Visual Lounge, Patti Shank, President of Learning Peaks, explains how instructional video creators can make their work easier to process.
Patti discusses how she got started in the industry, her articles on research around eLearning and tells us the one thing hindering instructional video creators in 2023.
Patti is a renowned researcher, speaker, author and workplace learning expert so you can rest assured, these opinions are backed by research!
Learning points from the episode include:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:00 – Introducing Patti Shank
- 2:03 – How Patti got involved in video
- 4:45 – Success for instructional video
- 6:12 – One tip for working with video
- 10:48 - Patti’s eLearning Industry articles
- 12:59 - How the brain processes video vs other media
- 21:19 - Surprising research around video
- 27:02 - Using video effectively in learning
- 34:17 - The biggest mistakes instructional video makers make
- 37:18 – Speed round questions
- 42:49 – How to follow Patti
- 43:33 – Final take from Patti
- 44:18 - Outro
Important links and mentions: