Refresh, Repurpose & Renew Old Content
Old content can be a treasure trove of value, but you need to brush off the dust and repurpose and refresh it.
Sometimes that means turning in-person training into an online course or a series of videos, which can be a challenge if you’re brand new to video.
To chat more about this, Matt Tidwell, CEO of ThinkThru, joins The Visual Lounge. Matt’s company builds customer education programs, including videos and online courses. He shares his top tips on how to get started with video, how to improve your content, and the best ways to translate old content into different mediums for maximum results.
Learning points from the episode include:
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:27 - How Matt first got started with images and video
- 4:27 - What makes a successful video
- 10:24 - Matt’s one tip to improve videos
- 11:25 – Matt explains more about his work
- 17:06 – How Matt helps clients get started with video
- 20:10 – The difficulties of going from in-person experiences to on-demand media
- 23:33 – What works best as a video vs. in-person experiences
- 30:13 – Advice for companies transitioning to digital learning experiences
- 34:19 – Speed round questions
- 39:20 – Matt’s final take
- 40:12 – Outro
Important links and mentions:
- ThinkThru: https://www.thinkthru.co/
- Connect with Matt on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/itsmatttidwell/